Cats can be very good at hiding the fact that they are not feeling well. Any one, all or none of the following are signs that could be interpreted as the presence of pain in cats.
1. Lameness 2. Difficulty jumping 3. Walking abnormally
4. Reluctance to move 5. Reaction to being touched
6. Withdrawn or hiding 7. Absence of grooming
8. Playing less 9. Appetite decrease 10. Overall activity decrease 11. Less rubbing toward people 12. General mood
13. Temperament 14. Hunched-up posture 15. Shifting of weight 16. Licking a particular body region 17. Lower head posture 18. Eyelid spasms 19. Change in form of feeding behavior 20. Avoiding bright areas 21. Growling 22. Groaning 23. Eyes closed 24. Straining to urinate 25. Tail flicking